Re: Why we should choose the RFC2821 MAIL FROM/HELO identities

2004-03-31 17:45:57

Yakov,

At 02:39 PM 3/31/2004, Yakov Shafranovich wrote:
<...>

The basic problem is here is lack of trust. All of these mechanisms are trying to establish whether a given MTA is to be trusted more. Therefore, it seems to me that the feature we are seeking to add to email is a way to exchange trust information.

I don't understand the proposed charter in this way. I understand this group's goal to be developing mechanisms to establish whether an MTA is authorized to forward a message. Frankly, "trust information" doesn't mean anything to me; I think it could mean a lot of different things to different people.

Mark

Yakov