Re: Use of TXT is rather conclusively a good idea.

2004-05-19 10:25:47

Reusing TXT is bad engineering.
Such a statement, unsupported by facts, has no place here; if you are going to refuse to argue your point or against the points made, why are you here? If using TXT is bad engineering, you've done a dismal job proving it. We're supposed to take your word for it? While you blatantly ignore our arguments and questions? (Which I even restated in my last post!) Makes me wonder if you'd object to the Apple ]['s amazing hacked support for 16 colors even though it was designed for 6 as unaesthetic engineering. Or are you saying you hold the reins and will prevent a MARID proposal that does not use a new RR from getting RFC status, even though you can't provide a technical argument worth the bits its printed on to support your argument? Presumably you can write well, since you wrote an O'Reilly book. But on this topic, your arguments hold no water.

the reply above is not particularly helpful; accordingly, i ask that all participants kindly re-read:

        http://www.imc.org/ietf-mxcomp/mail-archive/msg00358.html

paying particular attention to the reference to BCP83.

/mtr