Re: What Meng said

2004-08-12 08:33:19

Mark,

ML> I also tend to agree that any language about what might happen if we
ML> require SUBMITTER in the future should be left out of the draft unless
ML> we actually agree on what will happen, and when we will do it.

just to flog this issue mercilessly:

  Since "we" (the IETF community) have no control over rates of adoption
  by the Internet product and services community, any attempt to write a
  schedule for adoption will be wrong. Certainly the IETF community's
  track record at predicting adoption rate has always been wrong.

  The one exception is the assumption that adoption will take much
  longer than we assume...

d/
--
 Dave Crocker <mailto:dcrocker(_at_)brandenburg(_dot_)com>