RE: DEPLOY - IPR on Sender-ID not sufficiently disclosed

2004-08-24 09:26:59

Despite the 23rd August deadline, the full IPR claims on Sender-ID
have not been disclosed. The licence terms have been disclosed, but
insufficient (almost no) information has been given on what the
claimed IPR covers.

It is not possible for me to deploy Sender-ID without knowing what is
covered by the claimed IPR. Therefore, I suggest that Sender-ID be
abandoned and an alternative - such as SPF - be submitted instead.

You do not know whether the claimed IPR covers SPF.

CallerID predates the origin of SPF.

There is no requirement for the specific terms claimed to be raised,
only the license is relevant.

Nobody can tell you what the claims are until the USPTO makes its
decision.

As of today there are no claims whatsoever, only potential claims.