Re: DEPLOY - IPR on Sender-ID not sufficiently disclosed

2004-08-24 12:01:33

On Tue, 2004-08-24 at 11:05, Andrew Newton wrote:
On Aug 24, 2004, at 10:35 AM, Graham Murray wrote:

The licence terms have been disclosed, but
insufficient (almost no) information has been given on what the
claimed IPR covers.

Please reread:
http://www.imc.org/ietf-mxcomp/mail-archive/msg03495.html

        Thanks Andrew. It sounds like some people may
have missed the fact that IPR claims are being made on
both -pra and -core:

C. If an Internet-Draft or RFC includes multiple parts and it is not
   reasonably apparent which part of such Internet-Draft or RFC is
   alleged to be covered by the patent information disclosed in
   Section V(A) or V(B), it is helpful if the discloser identifies
   here the sections of the Internet-Draft or RFC that are alleged to
   be so covered.

    Both Sender ID: Authenticating E-mail
<draft-ietf-marid-core-03.txt>
and Purported Responsible Address in E-mail Messages
<draft-ietf-marid-pra-00.txt> in combination.

        My question is, what portions of -core are covered?
Harry's answer above seems to suggest that the entirety of
-core and -pra are covered by Microsoft's IPR claim, am I
right? Until this is explicitly spelled out, I think any
discussion or action is moot.

        Ryan
--
HELO, my name is root... you have SIGKILLed my father... prepare to vi!