Re: DEPLOY - IPR on Sender-ID not sufficiently disclosed

2004-08-24 14:07:09

Ryan Ordway <ryan(_at_)nwgeeks(_dot_)com> writes:

      My question is, what portions of -core are covered?
Harry's answer above seems to suggest that the entirety of
-core and -pra are covered by Microsoft's IPR claim, am I
right? Until this is explicitly spelled out, I think any
discussion or action is moot.

And a sizeable portion of -core is based on SPF, which was merged with
Microsoft's Caller-ID to form Sender-ID. So if Microsoft are claiming
their IPR covers all of -core then (logically) one of the following
must be true

Either:-

a) Microsoft already had pending (or potential) IPR claims covering
SPF-classic before the merge into -core.

  OR

b) They are now claiming IPR on someone else's work.

The alternative is that the IPR does not cover all of -core, in which
case please can they clarify which parts of -core are (potentially)
encumbered by the IPR?