Re: DEPLOY - IPR on Sender-ID not sufficiently disclosed

2004-08-24 12:46:31

On Tue, Aug 24, 2004 at 03:35:18PM -0400, Andrew Newton wrote:
On Aug 24, 2004, at 3:15 PM, Koen Martens wrote:
Is it correct that this means that Sender-ID itself as well as PRA are
patent pending by microsoft?

Please don't get hung up on the file names of the drafts.

What else is there? I can reread the post again and again, but frankly i
know of more useful things to do with my time (developing software is
one, spending time with my loved ones is another). I'll repeat:

Is microsoft patenting Sender-ID and PRA ?

If no: what is being patented?

If yes: who will bother with Sender-ID and PRA ?

Does this also mean that in effect, large parts of the spf syntax are
now microsofts property or will be so in the near future?

Just how do you arrive at this conclusion?

It's mere speculation. Give us some facts, and the speculation will
stop.

Sender-ID uses SPF syntax, Microsoft claims to have patents pending on
Sender-ID and PRA, therefore it is not impossible that microsoft is
trying to patent SPF syntax. Is that so illogical?

Koen

Networking, embedded systems, unix expertise, artificial intelligence.