Re: DEPLOY: Microsoft Royalty Free Sender ID Patent License FAQ

2004-08-25 03:53:05

On Tue, Aug 24, 2004 at 05:21:54PM -0700,
 Hallam-Baker, Phillip <pbaker(_at_)verisign(_dot_)com> wrote
 a message of 21 lines which said:

Compatibility with a specific license is not a requirement,

You're right, I do not think we can find somewhere in the IETF
documents such a requirment.

But a licence which is incompatible with *every* free software
licence, while acceptable if you follow IETF rules by the book, would
be in practice ignored and never deployed, which is certainly not
MARID's goal.