Re: In support of Sender ID

2004-09-03 10:54:07

Ryan Malayter wrote:
[Mark C. Langston]

Could we perhaps dispense with the corporate (particularly executive)
endorsement posts for Sender-ID?  I thought people in the IETF
represented themselves. The few times I've seen products mentioned, it was by the /developers/ of said products.

We are all posting as individuals, except perhaps for "AccuSpam", which
seems to be both a company and a person. If someone supports their
organization's position on the Sender ID proposal, it is a somehow less
valid endorsement? Even if they - horror of horrors - support SenderID
as an individual BECAUSE their organization supports it?

Obviously, you've got your knickers in a twist because these posters
disagree with you. These posters are not violating any of the rules of
this forum, as far as I can tell.

They are providing information on potential deployment. I find that information valuable.

Also, lets not lose sight of the fact that all these various people and companies are actually agreeing to deploy Sender-ID. That is a big accomplishment for something that isn't even a standard yet.

Yakov