Re: draft-schlitt-spf-classic-01.txt

2005-06-04 09:56:56

Dean Anderson <dean(_at_)av8(_dot_)com> wrote:
I would like to be able to say
publicly that any message not from me, using mailboxes at my domain,
is forged.

And just what benefit is there to being able to do this?

  I thought I had explained.  What part of my message was unclear?

Alan, you've been subjected to significant mail abuse in the past. I
understand that you'd like to prevent mail abuse.  But this abuse isn't
spam,

  You've been saying that for a number of years now, and during that
time, have had access to zero pieces of data from my domain.

  I've had others[1] look at the evidence, and I've looked at it
myself.  No one agrees with your assertions.

  Not one.

  Your position is based on something called "faith", not "reality".

  I'm not saying this to convince you, because I know I can't.  I'm
saying it to explain to everyone else reading this that your position
is not one to be taken seriously.

In your case (and in many cases of email forgery), the mail is
forged in order to generate hate mail and otherwise annoy you.

  How do you know the mind of the spammers?  Are you in contact with them?

  Alan DeKok.

[1] i.e. multiple people with long-term experience in the anti-spam
community, who've looked at 10^4 source IP's, 10^5 fake addresses "at"
my domain on spam CD's, 10^6 connection attempts, and/or 10^8
delivered messages.  No one agrees with you.  Not one.  Most do agree,
however, that I probably have the worst spam problem in the world.