Re: Armour

1997-11-24 08:07:06
On Mon, Nov 24, 1997 at 11:21:43AM +0000, Ian Brown wrote:
[...]
Don't forget, as Ian Grigg pointed out, that PGP 2|5 software won't
disappear overnight. We can continue to use them in many situations
where backward compatibility is important.

That's an entertaining possibility.  The implication being that a mail
program that could handle all the possibilities would require me
keeping copies of pgp2 and 5, along with a new OP compliant program, and
the mail program would have to be written to deal with them all.  Am I
the only one who thinks this is nuts?

Five messages ago there was a rant about pgp 5 breaking
interoperability with pgp2.  Now we are talking about an OP that won't
be interoperable with with either.

--
Kent Crispin                            "No reason to get excited",
kent(_at_)songbird(_dot_)com                    the thief he kindly spoke...