Re: "Yes, I can handle PGP/MIME"

2004-04-16 08:47:45

Hi,

Note that I am not arguing against using PGP/MIME.  I use it whenever
I can, and I honestly believe it is the way to go.  Unfortunately, not
everyone is able to use it.  Since I do not forsee this situation
changing anytime soon - I've waited 8 years now - a features flag or
notation is a simple indicator of the mail preference of the
keyholder.

Well, as soon as someone contributes a PGP/MIME capable plugin for a
specific mail client from a very specific company I am willing to say
that PGP/MIME might have a chance becoming a new standard (*).

In the meanwhile we should not use a rarely spread flag indicating the
use of keyservers to say "hey, I like PGP/MIME". I don't like hacks anymore.

Using a notation sounds ok for me.

Best Regards,

Holger Sesterhenn
---
Internet   http://www.utimaco.com

(*) Yes, Enigmail for Outlook or Outlook Express would be great!