Re: "Yes, I can handle PGP/MIME"

2004-04-19 00:57:39
On Friday 16 April 2004 17.09, you wrote:
Adrian 'Dagurashibanipal' von Bidder wrote:
Why can't you invent a convention that adjusts the
userid to include an OpenPGP/MIME hint?

Ugh. And then I'm forced to change the userid when I change my
mailer, and lose all signatures on the userid that I've collected
so far? I think embedding this info in the selfsig is the way to
go[...]

Well, right.  All that above has to be balanced
against the fact that email is a user application,
and it's not good to pollute OpenPGP with special
hacks and bits.

Yep, fully agree. Perhaps you've not read my first mail in this thread:
I feel this bit to be unnecessary, IMHO notation data was invented
exactly for cases like this.

cheers
-- vbi

--