Re: [openpgp] heads-up: re-chartering the OPENPGP WG

2020-10-20 20:20:39

Hiya,

The draft charter is at [1].

Comments and discussion of that are more than welcome.

From my POV, I'm happy to try help out to get a fairly
minimal bit of progress progressed (as an RFC) - if we can
usefully succeed in that (which isn't a given).

FWIW, I do think starting with a very modest goal is
likely a good plan for now. A bit of success (in terms
of an RFC that is implemented, deployed and more up to
date) is already not that easy, but success does
breed success so if we got that done, then extending
the charter based on success is not so hard.

Cheers,
S.

[1] https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/charter-ietf-openpgp/