Re: [openpgp] heads-up: re-chartering the OPENPGP WG

2020-10-20 20:30:10
On Wed, 21 Oct 2020, Stephen Farrell wrote:

The draft charter is at [1].

I would remove the "Other work related to OpenPGP" section. One of the
issues in this group has been sudden new items appearing and being
worked on without consensus. Modify the charter after 4880bis is done
to do "other work"

From my POV, I'm happy to try help out to get a fairly
minimal bit of progress progressed (as an RFC) - if we can
usefully succeed in that (which isn't a given).

I would say adding at least one more Author/Editor to the bis document
is required to ensure timely and coordinated updates of the draft based
on WG consensus. As part of the last round of openpgp WG not working
seemed to center around a (perceived or real I have no opinion) disconnect
between WG members and draft author.

Paul