Re: [openpgp] heads-up: re-chartering the OPENPGP WG

2020-10-20 20:42:16
Hi Derek,

On Tue, Oct 20, 2020 at 08:55:06PM -0400, Derek Atkins wrote:

On Tue, October 20, 2020 8:44 pm, Ángel wrote:
On 2020-10-20 at 14:59 -0700, Benjamin Kaduk wrote:
Please welcome the chairs for the now-in-proposed-state WG,
Daniel Kahn Gillmor and Stephen Farrell!

Looking forward to many successful RFCs :)

-Ben

Nice to hear! Although I would be happy to see just a few for now :-)

This is complete news to me; I have seen no proposed charter sent to this
mailing list.
Did I miss it?

To be honest, I'm not sure -- I've had a todo item to get this started for
far longer than I care to admit, and have forgotten where I have (or
haven't) been talking about it.  My apologies if I ended up starting off on
the wrong foot as a result!

In any case, Stephen has already linked to the draft charter text (which
bears a striking resemblance to the charter from the previous iteration of
the WG).  It feels quite natural to me to attempt to recharter as a WG,
since we have seen renewed interest and implementation, and there is this
not-a-WG-draft-but-looks-like-one document that's been getting edits.  The
best end-state for that document is going to be as a published RFC, and I
(and I believe Roman as well) would be most comfortable with it coming
through a WG process.

-Ben