Re: [openpgp] heads-up: re-chartering the OPENPGP WG

2020-10-20 21:08:16

Stephen Farrell <stephen(_dot_)farrell(_at_)cs(_dot_)tcd(_dot_)ie> wrote:
    > The draft charter is at [1].
    > Comments and discussion of that are more than welcome.

Thank you.

    > From my POV, I'm happy to try help out to get a fairly
    > minimal bit of progress progressed (as an RFC) - if we can
    > usefully succeed in that (which isn't a given).

    > FWIW, I do think starting with a very modest goal is
    > likely a good plan for now. A bit of success (in terms
    > of an RFC that is implemented, deployed and more up to
    > date) is already not that easy, but success does
    > breed success so if we got that done, then extending
    > the charter based on success is not so hard.

I'm not opposed to any of the work described.  It's all good.
Asynchronously to it, under the auspices of:

} 1. The work will not unduly delay the closure of the working group after
} the revision is finished (unless the working group is rechartered).

It seems that the key distributions servers suffer from a variety of
ailments.   DDOS attacks, and other privacy issues.

We also have draft-koch-openpgp-webkey-service in the DT,
which sure sounds like webfinger/rfc7033, yet isn't.

I think that there is some spec somewhere (maybe PHB's MMM) about asking for
keys via MIME.

--
Michael Richardson <mcr+IETF(_at_)sandelman(_dot_)ca>   . o O ( IPv6 IøT
consulting )