RE: IAB considerations

2003-08-17 18:10:08
Hi,
Sounds like a good plan

Abbie

-----Original Message-----
From: Marshall Rose [mailto:mrose(_at_)dbc(_dot_)mtview(_dot_)ca(_dot_)us]
Sent: Sunday, August 17, 2003 1:49 PM
To: Alex Rousskov
Cc: ietf-openproxy(_at_)imc(_dot_)org
Subject: Re: IAB considerations

    However, Hillarie asserts, in part, that if IAB says
"OPES processor
MUST be addressible" then it must be addressible even it makes no
sense or is technically impossible. I disagree with such a
position. I
assume that IAB will listen to reasonable arguments. This
difference
in assumptions/approaches caused the discussion on this thread.

let's try this: edit the draft so that is complete and
self-consistent. to the extent it differs from what the IAB
recommends, make sure that the differences are explain and
justified. then have a friend take a pass through the
document for clarity and conciseness.

we will then see if we have concensus around that document.

if so, we'll move forward, and wait to from the powers-that-be.

if not, we'll try a different approach.

/mtr