Re: IAB considerations

2003-08-18 10:38:07

On Sun, 17 Aug 2003, jfcm wrote:

At 05:33 17/08/03, Alex Rousskov wrote:

Combining the two observations above, we can see that we should
concentrate on specifying OPES system IDs and may ignore all other IDs
until we have spare cycles to waste.

Here I disagree. Identifying various OPES operators domain and
reacting on that information is important. Because for example I do
nottryst them or I do not make or I make business with them.

I dod not say it is not important. It is just a much smaller scale
problem, where no good general solution may exist. If this WG does not
define a solution for OPES processor identification (but defines OPES
system identification), then OPES will still "work" and satisfy IAB
concerns (in my rendition of them). The reverse is not true, IMO: OPES
processor identification alone will not satisfy IAB (or mine)
concerns.