Re: IAB considerations

2003-08-16 11:17:51

Marshall,

        I agree with your statement 100%. That is exactly what I was
trying to do when writing the "IAB treatment" draft: address what we
can, document what we cannot, and explain why.

        However, Hillarie asserts, in part, that if IAB says "OPES
processor MUST be addressible" then it must be addressible even it
makes no sense or is technically impossible. I disagree with such a
position. I assume that IAB will listen to reasonable arguments. This
difference in assumptions/approaches caused the discussion on this
thread.

        I am not sure how to proceed though. Clearly, we cannot say
both "OPES processor MUST be addressible" and "OPES processor MAY be
addressible". We have to pick wether our primary unit of concern is
OPES system as a whole or each OPES processor inside the system. I
think I used up all the arguments for the former. If Hillarie is not
convinced, we are stuck.

Alex.