Re: deferred RCPT responses

2004-03-28 07:34:47

On 3/28/2004 12:46 AM, Claus Assmann wrote:

On Sat, Mar 27, 2004, Eric A. Hall wrote:

So... there's no way to say "I'll accept the message for this user, but
not for that user" after the envelope loop has completed.

It seems you want LMTP, at least its RCPT replies after the final dot.

Pretty close to that, yes.

Someone should specify this as an ESMTP extension...

Yes, well, that would be pretty easy, but malware mailers don't speak
ESMTP, and they'd be the preferred audience for this kind of pushback
service. I'm trying to figure out if there's a way to do this in SMTP,
possibly by deferring RCPT responses, or possibly by interleaving DATA
response codes, or anything else.