Re: deferred RCPT responses

2004-03-28 09:20:47

Eric A. Hall writes:
I'm trying to figure out if there's a way to do this in SMTP, possibly by deferring RCPT responses, or possibly by interleaving DATA response codes, or anything else.

Try this:

If you haven't spoken to this host in a while, or if it uses HELO instead of EHLO, or some other combination of heuristics, return 450 for the second and subsequent RCPT TO.

Note: I haven't tried it and I'm not going to. I'm just guessing that if you get the heuristic condition right, the result should be approximately what you want.

Arnt