Re: Extraneous CRs in transfer of draft-crocker-email-arch-04.txt

2005-03-31 10:46:22

 I'm going to conclude that the problem is on
 your end (do you perhaps have CRs embedded in the file on that "Fedora"
 Linux system instead of native (newline) line endings?) and move on.

As far as I can tell:

1. All of the components involved on my "side" of this are pretty popular, so
serious problems would be expected to have emerged before this.

2. You are the only one having a problem. No one else has reported a problem
with this document, nor with any other document I have generated and made
available in a similar fashion.  I've been using these pieces for something
like a year, so I would have expected problems to have been reported by now.

so I'm going to conclude that the problem is on YOUR end, absent more
diagnostic information.

  d/

ps. this is all reminiscent of an aprocryphal -- but true -- anecdote i tell
about the handling of interoperability problems with an Internet product I
managed, 18 years ago.  I'll spare folks from the full recitation.  The simple
summary is that I was on the receiving end of a customer assessment that
looked a lot like my above analysis, except that there was absolutely no
question that my product was conforming to the specs perfectly.

  ---
  Dave Crocker
  Brandenburg InternetWorking
  +1.408.246.8253