Re: rfc2821bis-01 Issue 14 Continuation of 222 greeting and Issue 15 syntax for multiline replies

2007-04-09 12:14:14

Hector Santos wrote:

1) Must all the codes in the multiline response be the same?

We discussed this in summer 2005 in conjunction with the first
draft, but I don't recall what the outcome at this time was.

2) Which is the final return code, the first or the last?

I don't think that different codes are permitted.  If they're
nevertheles different the last paragraph in section 4.2.1 of
the I-D suggests that the last code is the final code, compare
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-klensin-rfc2821bis-01#section-4.2.1

Your "150-wait... 150-wait... 4yz sorry" example is clear, but
you can't use 1yz codes without an extension (confirmed by the
client, I think), see the note at the end of the "1yz" part in
section 4.2.1.

Frank