Re: Recap: Re: RFC2821bis-02 Issue 23: Definitions in Section 2.3 and "command"

2007-04-30 01:58:36

Tony Hansen wrote:

It has been pointed out that Section 2.3 contains a definition
for "Reply" (in 2.3.11) but no parallel definition for
"Command".  Is this worth fixing?

The consensus on this issue appears to be yes

If that was trigered by my first reply here:  I later came to the
conclusion that it's nonsense.  A useful defintion would copy text
from a later section, and one of those "later" sections is 2.4,
immediately below 2.3.11.

Whether this is accomplished via ABNF changes or strictly via
textual definitions is subject to other issues.

The command = hello / mail / rcpt / data / rset / ... proposal is
unrelated to this beast, that's needed for the ABNF cleanup.

Frank