Re: There is at least one email server without MX RR but AAAA RR we all know

2008-04-05 08:12:58

On Fri, 4 Apr 2008, Arnt Gulbrandsen wrote:

You could say that the problem is that the host can be on the RHS of an email
address anyway, and when it is, it kind of works but quite often it doesn't
really work (because DSNs would be lost and other fringe problems). Earlier
this week I found that about half of the MX-but-no-A domains in a sample of
30,000 recent nonspam messages weren't deliverable.

This is particularly common for email triggered by web forms.

Tony.
--
f.anthony.n.finch  <dot(_at_)dotat(_dot_)at>  http://dotat.at/
SOLE: NORTHEAST 5 TO 7. MODERATE BECOMING ROUGH. SHOWERS. MAINLY GOOD.