Re: Mail Data termination

2011-08-16 17:41:36

Paul Smith wrote:

Is this something that is addressable? Something the QP RFC needs to make a note off if not already there?

This is a broken sender, pure and simple. I think all you can do is what you've been doing. Hopefully the sender will be fixed soon.

QP is irrelevant. The mail sender should be dot padding as the message is sent. The encoding should make no difference.

Agree. I just wanted to show at least the one way found why/how it can happen, otherwise, with my tendency to give everyone the benefit of the doubt first, I would still be pulling my hair on this one. :)

There are some other insight to this, that IMV is worthy of implementation notes, but yes, I agree, the SMTP client MUST escape the dot lines if its not the true end of data marker.

--
Sincerely

Hector Santos
http://www.santronics.com