Murray S. Kucherawy <msk(_at_)cloudmark(_dot_)com> wrote:
I don't think it clearly indicates that. I think this is more plausible:
- client sends DATA
- server sends 354
- client starts sending a broken message body that contains an errant
<CR><LF>.<CR><LF> plus more after it
- server sees the termination, starts message delivery and returns 250
- server starts seeing the other message content as SMTP commands, rejecting
them all with 5xx
- server drops the connection
- client sees the connection drop while still trying to write message data
- client aborts the transaction and retries later
f.anthony.n.finch <dot(_at_)dotat(_dot_)at> http://dotat.at/
Lundy, Fastnet, Irish Sea: North 4 or 5 backing south or southwest 5 or 6.
Slight or moderate. Showers. Good.