Re: Recipient is offline

2011-09-05 19:31:01

But the same reasons POP3 exist is that not all users can be or wish to be "mini-sysops." Point systems (which is what ODMR is) can be popular, but more especially when the user became less dependent on having any kind of "server" software install, like a QWK mail reader or POP3/IMAP/NEWS readers or just web browser. You were able to roam around. It is not at all odd that eventually heavy users do eventually install a point system of some sort without the need to become full time servers.

I just noting by having a "mini-server" with an ODMR client, just shifts the "Keep Mail Over Server" to the mini server presuming the user will be using a Mail Reader that picks up mail from his mini server.

thanks

Tony Finch wrote:
On 5 Sep 2011, at 18:59, Hector Santos <hsantos(_at_)santronics(_dot_)com>