Re: I-D SMTP Extension for Greylisting

2011-10-25 13:38:01

On 25 October 2011 19:28, Hector wrote:

I am not expert with ABNF language. Can you tell
me what would be is correct here?

Better, I can tell you how I'd check it:  Visit the
page <URL:http://www.fenron.com/~fenner/abnf.cgi>.
In the form enter...

retry = 1*6DIGIT

...and more lines (your complete collected ABNF).
Click "Senden" (my Chrome configured for en-GB
before en before en-US before de is at it again,
hopefully you'll get "send" as it should be... :-)

If the result is "green" claiming that DIGIT is
undefined and that retry is unused it's good ABNF.
You can "import" a (pseudo-) definition for DIGIT:

DIGIT = <defined in STD 68>
retry = 1*6DIGIT

It's just a way to specify 1..6 digits, no or more than 6 digits would
be a syntax error.  Small bonus:

Implementors would know that say an unsigned short
would be good enough to store this value (and about
two decades ago I'd know that I have to check the
compiler option for sizeof short to be sure... ;-)

With retry=seconds, there would be no technical
upper limit

If you want no upper limit simply kill the 6 in 1*6.
Seconds should be a good choice for applications,
even if minutes would better match what you want.

-Frank