Re: FW: I-D Action: draft-kucherawy-received-state-00.txt

2011-11-16 02:57:04

This is a follow up to my post, after thinking about this, the I-D is assuming that middle ware that touches the message and happens to add another Received: trace line would be appropriate for the proposed state clause. In that case, it would be easier to implement.

I don't think it correct to mix up two different functionalities with the MTA hop Received hop stamping, so maybe the I-D should make a point of stating that the focus is with additional Received lines after the MTA required HOP Received field stamping. Reading the doc, especially with the usage of the terms like "transient" and "transition," it would applicable to hop to hop required Received trace fields. It could because the SMTP could be doing all the mail filtering. While we do add more Received lines, there are done with different processes as the message is passed off to each. I have trouble with the idea the SMTP would add a 2nd receive line so I would probably be one that will add the state clause to the initial Received line.

--
Sincerely

Hector Santos
http://www.santronics.com
jabber: hector(_at_)jabber(_dot_)isdg(_dot_)net

Murray S. Kucherawy wrote:
As previously discussed.  Feedback would be quite welcome.

-MSK

I-D Action: draft-kucherawy-received-state-00.txt