Re: FW: I-D Action: draft-kucherawy-received-state-00.txt

2011-11-19 08:14:22

Dave CROCKER <dhc(_at_)dcrocker(_dot_)net> wrote:
On 11/16/2011 7:55 PM, Tony Finch wrote:
I think held-for would be a better (more descriptive) keyword than state.

state, or transition, or something that generic, is just that:
generic.  It pertains to an abstraction.

"held for" says "held" which is a very specific semantic that might not
apply for some uses of this field.

But the purpose of this field is to explain why a message was deliberately
delayed. The other Received: fields are similarly specific.

There's no need for multiple layers of abstraction and genericity here,
since the Received: field extension mechanism already accommodates that.

Tony.
--
f.anthony.n.finch  <dot(_at_)dotat(_dot_)at>  http://dotat.at/
Portland, Plymouth: Southeast 5 or 6 decreasing 3 or 4. Moderate or rough in