Re: FW: I-D Action: draft-kucherawy-received-state-00.txt

2011-11-19 01:36:06

On Thu, 2011-11-17, Murray S. Kucherawy wrote:

I guess it would help if it were made clear whether the "state"
is being entered into or being exited when the Received: field is
added.

The introduction says:

   This memo registers a new optional clause that can be used in trace
   fields to indicate that a message entered such a special processing
   queue for some period.  This allows analysis to reveal that the cause
   for a time gap in trace fields was an imposed delay rather than one
   caused by transient technical difficulties.

It sounds like if we changed "entered" to "has entered", that would resolve
it for you?

What I am trying to get clear is whether the date-time on the
the instant that the delaying state *ended*.

Perhaps I'm being pedantic, but there may be other developers
that are as obtuse as I am. I don't feel that the language:
"message entered such a special processing queue for some
period" is completely clear on that point.

Perhaps: "message is *beginning* a period of special processing"?

Or: "...*ending*...".

--
Bill McQuillan <McQuilWP(_at_)pobox(_dot_)com>