Re: MUA support for multiple from addresses

2012-02-28 12:50:42

At 4:59 PM +0000 2/28/12, Tony Finch wrote:

 Randall Gellens <randy(_at_)qualcomm(_dot_)com> wrote:

 ... when I use Eudora's "Redirect" feature (which re-sends a received
 message to someone else, preserving the original value of the From
 header field, but adding a "(by way of ...)" comment).

 Doesn't it use the standard Resent-* headers for this?

No, probably because Steve didn't trust the recipient MUA to notice that, and wanted the recipient user to be aware that it was resent.

 Rockall, Malin, Hebrides, Bailey, Fair Isle, Faeroes: South or southwest 5 to
7, occasionally gale 8 in Bailey, perhaps gale 8 later in Rockall and Faeroes.
 Rough or very rough. Occasional rain or drizzle, fog patches. Moderate or
 poor, occasionally very poor.

Sounds dreadful!

--
Randall Gellens
I can tell you right now Washington, D.C. is wallowing in squalor,
anywhere else.     --Political satirist Mark Russell, April 1, 1998