Re: MUA support for multiple from addresses

2012-02-29 01:22:48

At 16:59 +0000 on 02/28/2012, Tony Finch wrote about Re: MUA support for multiple from addresses:

Randall Gellens <randy(_at_)qualcomm(_dot_)com> wrote:

 ... when I use Eudora's "Redirect" feature (which re-sends a received
 message to someone else, preserving the original value of the From
 header field, but adding a "(by way of ...)" comment).

Doesn't it use the standard Resent-* headers for this?

No - It uses the original sender's address and notes the Redirecter's Name (but not address) in parens. Here is what your query message would have shown as it's From if I had redirected it:

        Tony Finch <dot(_at_)dotat(_dot_)at> (by way of Robert A. Rosenberg)