Re: [ietf-smtp] You can't hurt a computer's feelings

2013-02-28 17:29:53
At 6:35 PM +0000 2/28/13, John Levine wrote:

  >This has nothing to do with any concept of what's polite versus
anti-social, but rather to ensure that a spammer can't monopolize all
inbound connections.

 Seems perfectly reasonable.

 Do you have any idea how often it blocks a spam blast rather than just
 some list with a lot of legit recipients?

For my own case, no, since I don't monitor the statistics closely enough. If you're curious, I can forward your question to the mailing list for users of the software (EIMS). Likely one of the ISP or corporate users keeps closer watch and would know.

--
Randall Gellens