Re: [ietf-smtp] Dotless domains and email

2013-07-11 00:46:51
On 7/10/2013 10:32 PM, SM wrote:
Thanks for the heads-up.  In my opinion, one of the problems with the
"statement" is that it is, as you mentioned above, only a discussion
about the DNS-related standards.  I don't know whether the statement
considered the recommendations in SSAC report SAC053.

I got a private note that said at least one member of the IAB was aware of some of the email issues, but felt that focusing purely on the DNS lookup issue was best.

Given that these sorts of Statements are a) political, and b) single occurrence -- there won't be a serious of bite-sized Statements issued -- I'd think it makes more sense to have the document mount every applicable engineering, operations and standards concern it can document, rather than try to be surgical.

d/

--
Dave Crocker
Brandenburg InternetWorking