Re: [ietf-smtp] Dotless domains and email

2013-07-11 08:48:15

--On Wednesday, July 10, 2013 22:46 -0700 Dave Crocker
<dhc(_at_)dcrocker(_dot_)net> wrote:

I got a private note that said at least one member of the IAB
was aware of some of the email issues, but felt that focusing
purely on the DNS lookup issue was best.

Given that these sorts of Statements are a) political, and b)
single occurrence -- there won't be a serious of bite-sized
Statements issued -- I'd think it makes more sense to have the
document mount every applicable engineering, operations and
standards concern it can document, rather than try to be
surgical.

FWIW, I strongly agree to the point of considering this serious
bad judgment on the IAB's part (and making that decision without
any opportunity for community input even worse).