On 11/30/2015 10:38 AM, Ned Freed wrote:

Can anyone share some information about which providers made which
decision?

I posted about this earlier on the perpass list in respose to the initial
discussion of the draft-josefsson-email-received-privacy draft. Here's an
updated version of that information:

Gmail:   Webmail does not disclose originating client IP, apparently
using
         invalid Received: field to avoid doing so.
         Submit discloses originating IP.
Yahoo:   Neither webmail nor submit disclose originating IP, some
GMX:     Both webmail and submit disclose originating client IP.

Thanks John Levine for the AOL submit data.

Our system has a RFC MIME storage and local proprietary format. The operator must enable a "Preserve MIME format" option on a per private mail user basis or a per mail conference type basis. So out of the box, the mail is converted to a safe minimum text format. But if not converted, our system is not doing anything to hide raw headers (if requested by MUA) and I don't know if it should (out of the box). But as always, even if considered, it would be an local policy configuration option.

--
HLS