Re: [ietf-smtp] A Zero Spam Mail System - What works?

2019-09-29 07:56:31
Changing the subject to minimize discussion of technical detail.  I would
just like to hear from others with more experience - which of the existing
services are doing it right, and how do they do it?  The goal is near-zero
spam in my inbox (1% is my threshold of annoyance), and no lost emails.
Also, please disclose if you have any connection with the service.

I have been using gmail for the last few years.  No connection other than
as a client.  Spam in my inbox is maybe one in 200.  I have noticed one or
two lost emails in the last year.  Before that I was not aware of any.
Note:  I don't count as spam any that appear on a separate tab labeled
"Promotions".  I don't count as "lost" any that appear in my spam bucket.
How do they do it?  I guess they have a very complete whitelist of
senders.  They also have an icon "Report spam" at they top of their
webpage, which I assume is their main source of rapid feedback.

My wife uses Yahoo, and she is seeing a lot more spam, but not enough to
motivate her to change services.  I guess they also use a whitelist.