Re: [ietf-smtp] why are we reinventing mta-sts ?

2019-10-07 12:31:06
On Mon, 07 Oct 2019 22:55:19 +0530, Viruthagiri Thirumavalavan said:

We both use a different demographic to define "end user" for MTA-STS. The
way you see it, an end user is a "mail server operator".  The way I see it,
an end user is a "small business" who hosts their mails in a third party
mail service like Gmail. Configuring an HTTPS server is not going to be
easy for such small businesses.

The obvious answer is, of course, to write the proposal such that the https
server
can be outsourced the same way the email service was outsourced, and the DNS
service was outsourced to a DNS hosting company.

There's an obvious business opportunity for hosting the email, the DNS, the
http, and
any other bits as one turnkey package.