Re: [ietf-smtp] why are we reinventing mta-sts ?

2019-10-07 12:48:01
Yes that's a good idea to solve this problem. But then again, people still
have to pay money to make their mail secure. Not everyone would go for
that. We can't always go like "we already defined the MTA-STS standard. You
all have to live with it".

So there is nothing wrong in discussing the alternatives. As Keith said, a
new proposal need to have a high bar to become standard.  And if DoT is not
possible as John said, then my proposal still have a long way to go.

Thanks

On Mon, Oct 7, 2019 at 11:00 PM Valdis Klētnieks
<valdis(_dot_)kletnieks(_at_)vt(_dot_)edu>