Re: [ietf-smtp] Issueds listed in 5321bis Appendix GRe: and pending I-Ds (wasL Proposed agenda for EMAILCORE BOF)

2020-07-28 10:47:23
On Tue 28/Jul/2020 13:29:34 +0200 John C Klensin wrote:

As far as I can tell, there is little energy for working on RFC5321bis/
5322bis and then reissuing them as Proposed Standards.   If the goal is to
finally get SMTP and the Header specification to Internet Standard and
definitively (finally) replace 821/822 --something I read into the draft
charter-- that would be seriously counterproductive.

Agreed.

If there are specifications in the pipe whose results should really be incorporated into the revised documents, than we should probably postpone
the WG until those specifications are ready.  If you believe that is the
case, please make the argument at the BOF.

No, that would be too slow.  A right amount of coordination will suffice :-)

Best
Ale