Re: [ietf-smtp] Proposed agenda for EMAILCORE BOF

2020-07-28 05:50:16
On 7/28/2020 3:17 AM, Alessandro Vesely wrote:
For RFC 5322, Dave's Author: and Sender: I-Ds might happen to become RFCs before rfc5322bis.  Can they be considered in that case? Certainly, it won't make sense to publish contrasting specifications, such as, for example, the number of email addresses allowed in a From: field.

Since emailcore is for making small fixes to the core specifications, introduction of new functionality would seem to be out of scope. As such, neither of my proposals ought to be relevant to the emailcore effort.

d/

--
Dave Crocker
Brandenburg InternetWorking