Re: [ietf-smtp] Proposed agenda for EMAILCORE BOF

2020-07-23 11:28:05

On 7/23/20 11:38 AM, Michael Richardson wrote:
Keith Moore <moore(_at_)network-heretics(_dot_)com> wrote:
     > If the purpose of the EMAILCORE WG is indeed to bring the current message
     > format and SMTP specifications to Full Standard, I further propose that
any
     > features not in those specifications should be out-of-scope for the WG,
     > unless perhaps any new features are (a) already at Proposed Standard; (b)
     > widely implemented enough to also be considered for Full Standard; and
(c)
     > necessary for inclusion in the core specifications in order for the
complete
     > set of revised specifications (core + new features) to qualify for Full
     > Standard.

I imagine that you would include SPF and DKIM in this list.

Would you include DMARC, and the new list-friendly version, of which I know
little?

My strong preference would be to include none of these, and only SMTP and MIME specifications.

Keith