Re: [ietf-smtp] Proposed agenda for EMAILCORE BOF

2020-07-24 06:10:21
On 23/07/2020 18:14, Michael Peddemors wrote:

On 2020-07-23 9:27 a.m., Keith Moore wrote:

On 7/23/20 11:38 AM, Michael Richardson wrote:
Keith Moore <moore(_at_)network-heretics(_dot_)com> wrote:

Would you include DMARC, and the new list-friendly version, of which I know
little?

My strong preference would be to include none of these, and only SMTP and MIME specifications.

Keith

If you limit to SMTP and MIME, this isn't really 'email core'.
Including IMAP and possibly others, should be encouraged.

I am basically agreeing with Keith on this, i.e. I disagree. Besides, we already have a WG for IMAP: EXTRA.

My idea with EMAILCORE (or whatever better name we can find) is that we start with 2-3 email format and SMTP related documents at a time and then move on to the next set (which will require rechartering), once we finish. This would avoid boiling the ocean.