Re: The role of media types for XML content

2005-06-15 11:31:19

On Wednesday, June 15, 2005, 8:22:17 PM, MURATA wrote:

Mark>> but for now though, I agree with Liam and Martin

and Chris :)

Mark>> that a new media type makes the most sense.

MM> Here we do not agree.  I think that the advantages of specialized
MM> media types are rather minor.  I am not aware of any complaints
MM> about the lack of specialized media types for W3C XML Schema.

With respect, you are, since I pointed one out in this thread. You may
disagree with it, but you are not unaware of it. I have already
mentioned content negotiation of schemas and the problems caused by
serving both RNG and XSD as application/xml.

--
 Chris Lilley                    mailto:chris(_at_)w3(_dot_)org
 Chair, W3C SVG Working Group