Re: The role of media types for XML content

2005-06-14 18:12:14

At 08:59 05/06/15, Liam Quin wrote:

>But that should not stop us from using the existing infrastructure as
>best and as helpfully as we can in the meantime.
>
>I'd like to see a registration for the XML syntax simply because
>it's useful today, despite the limitations.

I fully agree with Liam. I think the argument against registering
a type for the XML syntax was based on the question "but what about
pieces of this in another XML document?". Creating a type for a
standalone Relax NG document in XML syntax, which allows people
to label such documents if they can, does not exclude the use
of Relax NG in XML syntax as part of other documents.

Also, Relax NG in XML syntax most probably may have provisions
of some sort about how to include other namespaces, e.g. for
documentation,...

Regards, Martin.