Re: The role of media types for XML content

2005-06-15 09:05:12

On Wed, Jun 15, 2005 at 09:45:04AM +0900, MURATA Makoto wrote:
Liam> I'd like to see a registration for the XML syntax simply because
Liam> it's useful today, despite the limitations.

Then, why doesn't W3C register specialized media types for XSLT or
W3C XML Schema?  Is there some consensus in W3C?

XSLT - I think application/xslt+xml is either registered or the
registration will be sent here for XSLT 2.  I don't know the status
for Schema offhand -- we're getting better, slowly :-)

Anyway, we can do nothing about a specialized media type for the RNG
XML syntax by November.
Understood.  Thanks for the reply.

Liam

http://www.holoweb.net/~liam/