RE: VIRUS WARNING

2000-05-04 11:50:02
    > From: "Scot Mc Pherson" <smcpherson(_at_)clearaccess(_dot_)net>

    > Actually what happened, was I received this virus from a trusted friend
    > ... I am just glad that I didn't have any e-mail lists in my "address
    > book"

That's actually an interesting bit of "social engineering" on the part of the
virus writer - using the address book as a source of places to propogate to
means that those people who get it are *exactly* the set of people who know
you, and are thus more likely to open a random unexpected attachment...

        Noel